If you’re experiencing pelvic pain, you may be holding yourself back from having any kind of sex, let alone great sex. It likely feels like it’s not a possibility for your body to feel good when you have a condition that’s causing you pelvic pain – but not to fear, Dr. Laura is here! And I am so happy to tell you that you can still have great sex. Not just mediocre or one-sided – but sex that can be top notch for you as well.
Check with your PFPT
If you haven’t already been diagnosed with a condition that is causing your pelvic pain, your PFPT may schedule you for an appointment to review your medical history, conduct an exam, and create a treatment plan.
Don’t worry: this is a step in the right direction. Great sex is on the horizon. Stick with me.
Keep These Things In Mind
- You are not alone: I will never, ever tell you that pelvic pain is normal but it is unfortunately common. Your pelvic floor does so much for your body that pelvic pain can be caused by a litany of conditions. The good news is that because it’s common, it’s treatable. 1 in 5 people assigned female at birth experience pelvic pain, and about 1 in 10 people assigned male at birth experience pelvic pain.
- Slow and steady wins the race: you’ve made your PFPT aware that your end goal is great sex, now let’s work toward it. You may have to do some physical therapy before you can start having sex, but remember that this is your body we’re talking about and just like a broken arm that takes 6 weeks to heal, your pelvic floor muscles need time to heal or adjust accordingly.
Don’t Be Afraid of Products!
Pelvic floor physical therapy can look like a lot of things, and a good amount of the time that includes using therapy related products to assist your pelvic floor in its healing journey and get you closer to great sex.
- Massage Balls: to release pressure and tension in the muscles of and around your pelvic floor
- Dame Pillo: the Dame Pillo helps create a more comfortable sex experience so that you can have great sex all the time, no matter the angle. Use code Laura5 at check out for 5% off.
- OhNut: this product creates a barrier for dildos, penises, vibrators, or fingers. And the best part? They’re stackable – so you can customize how deep penetration goes. Use code Laura15 at checkout for $9.75 off + an extra ring.
- Dilators: for stretching and relaxing tissue; dilators are a plastic rod with a rounded end.
Want to learn more about how you can have great sex while experiencing pelvic pain?
If you’ve made it this far, I think you’re ready to get back to having great sex. And if you need one-on-one help, I’m here for you! No matter where you’re located in the world, you can schedule a FREE 20-minute discovery call with me. All you need is 1) you, 2) an internet connection, and 3) 20 minutes to go over your experiences with me.
My patients are my top priority and my goal is to get you back to having the great sex that you deserve.
More content you may like:
Some of the links on this page may be affiliate links. Laura Meihofer’s LLC is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program and others, as an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to products Laura organically uses and trusts. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same, but Laura will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps her spread her message!