What is Pelvic Floor Therapy?
As you’ll learn in this e-book, pelvic floor therapy (or pelvic floor physical therapy) is a type of treatment that can help with a variety of pelvic floor dysfunction symptoms! When people first hear about pelvic floor physical therapy, they usually have questions such as:
- “What is pelvic floor therapy?”
- “Do I have pelvic floor dysfunction?”
- “What does a pelvic floor physical therapist do?”
- “How do I find a pelvic floor specialist that is a good fit for me?”
- “What happens at the first appointment?”
- “Does insurance cover pelvic floor physical therapy?”
- “What is pelvic floor therapy helpful for?”
If you are having questions like this, then this e-book will be a great fit!
Whether you’ve found your way here on your own, or because your doctor recommended that you should see a pelvic floor specialist for your needs, you’re in the right place! This e-book, created by pelvic floor physical therapist Dr. Laura Meihofer, has a wealth of helpful information to guide you through the pelvic floor therapy process; with detailed explanations to help you learn everything you need to know about receiving or finding pelvic floor services.
It’s likely that pelvic floor physical therapy is completely new to you; that’s perfectly okay! There are no prerequisites for reading this e-book. It contains helpful information and advice written in an easy, client-focused format. For those ready to take action and find a provider, this book will be especially helpful in preparing you for what’s to come!
What You’ll Learn:
By reading this e-book, you will gain knowledge and resources that will allow you to:
- Understand basic anatomy of the pelvic floor
- Understand pelvic floor dysfunction
- Understand the different types of pelvic floor providers
- Learn how to tell if a provider is a great fit for you
- Know how to find providers
- Learn what questions to ask providers
- What to expect from services and examinations
- Learn about possible treatment options
- Understand the basics of insurance coverage
- Learn how to self-advocate
With this comprehensive guide filled with over 50 pages of advice from an actual pelvic floor service provider, you will have the knowledge to better prepare yourself for the best possible experience with pelvic floor therapy! This e-book is accessible and suitable for all readers regardless of your gender identity, sexual orientation, or genitalia. Everyone deserves the right to proper healthcare, and professional advice can go a long way! With this e-book, instead of wondering “What is pelvic floor therapy?” you’ll have the answers!